Coconut curry chicken is one of the most delicious and health-conscious recipes you can make. The best part is how easy it is to make! Before we provide you with our best recipe for coconut curry chicken, let’s quickly take a look at the many health benefits that we get from coconuts!
Health Benefits You Get from Eating Coconuts
Whether you consume coconut milk, water, flesh, or oil you will be getting a tonne of vitamins and minerals that aid in your body’s healing. Coconut oil can be used other ways not just eating it. You can use it in your hair and put on your skin as a great and natural moisturizer. We could go on forever about the benefits of incorporating coconut into your diet and everyday life, so we will just narrow it down to the top 10 health benefits that coconuts contain:
- Is a great way to get a quick energy boost before your workout or play a sport.
- Great for your immune system since coconuts are anti-bacterial, anti-parasite, anti-viral, and anti-fungal.
- Helps your digestion absorb more minerals, vitamins, and nutrients.
- Helps manage and improve insulin secretion for people with diabetes.
- Improves good cholesterol which reduces the risk of heart problems.
- Protects your body from cancers because of reduced insulin, removal of radicals that cause degenerative disease and premature aging.
- Protects against bladder infections and kidney disease.
- Helps you lose weight.
- Supports and restores thyroid function.
- Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, keeps your hair and skin looking young, and provides protection from the sun.
Now that you have a sneak peek into the many health benefits of using coconut in your diet, here is our recipe for the best coconut curry chicken that is hearty and healthy, loaded with protein, fats, and vegetables, and warming, great for eating in the winter!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are cut into half-inch chunks
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Ginger root (1/2 finger), grated
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 14oz cans of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp of natural peanut or almond butter
- Salt and pepper
- Rice (optional)
Looks good already, doesn’t it? Here is how you turn these ingredients into a delicious and savoury dish of coconut curry chicken.
- Season the cut up chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Precook in a skillet and set aside.
- In a pot add coconut oil and set stove to medium. Add onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Add carrots and celery.
- Add the ginger and garlic.
- Add peppers and broccoli.
- Open up the coconut milk, add curry powder to each can and stir. Then add nut butter to each can and stir. Add to pot.
- Add the chicken to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes and enjoy!
May pour over cooked rice but can be eaten as is for a grain-free recipe.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, egg free, and grain free (without the rice), so a perfect and delicious recipe for those who have food sensitivities.
All credit goes to Dronyk Health Clinic